Bees are insects, known for the manufacture of honey , they also play an important role in pollination, and participate in the survival of several species of flowering plants.Although they are not a protected species, man has always avoided killing them.
In this article we will give you effective tricks for getting rid of a honeycomb.
To be read in addition : What types of work in the garden with a mini-shovel ?
Plan de l'article
Is it necessary to act?
Before you look for the different methods that make it possible to get rid of a honeycomb , measure the need for your act.
Only act if you encounter at least one of the following situations:
Also to be seen : Buying resale real estate what status
- A member of your family is allergic to bee stings.
- You have children.
- You’ve noticed aggressive bees (because that bees generally do not attack humans if they do not provoke them),
- The honeycomb is very close to your home, even on your structure, or if it is a honeycomb on the floor.
Are you sure you’re dealing with bees?
Before doing anything, it is important to properly identify this undesirable guest, it is important to distinguish a bee and a wasp.
Four factors determining which species coexist with you:
- Shape : bees are rounder, as for wasps, are thinner.
- Hair : Bees are almost covered with hair, while wasps have less hair.
- Feeding : flower nectar represents the exclusive food of bees, unlike wasps that feed insects and food remnants.
- The nest : the honeycomb is made of wax, the wasps are made of wood fiber.
If you are unsure, take a picture and show it to aspecialists, like the beekeeper in your area.
How to scare bees?
Once the enemy is identified, the ideal is to flee them instead of killing them. In any case, avoid shaking hands to keep them away or try to hit the nest with an object, bees feel at risk in the face of this kind of act and attack to defend their swarm.
The best ways to scare bees are:
- Smoke and incense : bees do not like smelllike smoke, incense or burnt coffee grounds. Burn incense in your home, you will take out all the bees and it will not come back as much as the smell is there. Use smoke if the nest is outside your home or on your roof.
- Bee repellent : this is a homemade mixture that is sprayed on the plants.Several recipes of magical grandmothers exist based on different natural products: essential oils, garlic, baking soda, etc. There are also chemical bee repellents, but beware of the latter can irritate them.
- Bee Trap : Cut a plastic bottle in half, put honey on the bottom of your bottle and place the top of the bottle around it, so that bees entering the trap can no longer come out.
How to remove a honeycomb?
If despite your attempts to scare bees, they do not disappear, it is recommended to take action and remove the nest or kill bees.
For this, we advise you to call aspecialist:
- a beekeeper : if the honeycomb is visible, your beekeeper will return home (most often it will cost you nothing) to remove the nest without killing the bees. If the nest is difficult to access, it will use a vacuum cleaner or eventually ask you to call a specialist in order to destroy part of the wall.
- an extermination company : sometimes the nest is large or installed in a hard to reach place, in this case the only way is to kill the bees and destroy their nest.
What to do so that the bees do not return?
You got rid of the bees, don’t forget to see them at home.
It is important to make sure you don’t see more bees in your home . Because if your house has attracted them, it will always attract them.
Here are some tips:
- Start by removing the nest and cleaning the place to leave no trace
- Connect the hole that housed lenid bees, for this use solid products according to the support (putty, foam, etc.)
- Get rid of hollow tree trunks
How to get rid of a wasp nest: a much more serious problem
We told you how to get rid of a swarm of bees in your home. And to remove a homemade honeycomb, we saw that it was necessary to call a honeycomb professional, a beekeeper or an extermination company. But then, what to do, when you have a nose of wasps in your home, insects that pose a much greater danger?
- Just like your honeycomb in the ground or in your home, we strongly advise you to hire professionals. By the way, you may not know, but it is also possible to get the firefighters in your home!
- A business extermination can also help
How to remove a honeycomb or wasps? Above all, do not intervene alone, especially if it is wasps, which can cause an allergic reaction if they push you. It is necessaryto take all possible precautions!
Is it possible to eat insects?
So households go to war with bees and other pests, but some can be eaten. So we are faced with a practice that is growing in France when it is well established, for example in India. Entomophagus is therefore the integration of edible insects into all or some of them as they bring certain benefits .
- It is a very good food alternative that has the peculiarity of being healthy.
- An edible insect is rich in inproteins and omega 3.
- It also brings you iron, zinc and even calcium.
- To buy edible insects, it is enough to opt for an online store specializing in entomophagy.
Are the products controlled?
It’s not enough to take the first grasshopper that crosses your road and integrate it into your meal. You must identify online an edible insect that meets all applicable standards. In fact, the selection process is strict. It is better that The edible insect workshop performs all preflight checks in terms of quality . As for the provenance, it is quite diverse, you have packaged products that are sent from the United States, Canada, Australia or Asia, which is still the first country to find an insect to eat.
For a sale of edible insects, prices are very varied and depend mainly on species. Locusts are charged from 5 euros against 4.50 euros for cicadas for example. You can also find ants, flour made with crickets and even giant water insects, as well as famous flour worms, tarantulas and black scorpions. If this is a first experience, give preference to small species that are easy to taste even for very recalcitrant novices.