You have just bought a computer, new or used, and wonder if it is properly equipped with the equipment indicated in the specifications description. If it’s easy to find out the size of the hard drive by simply opening the Windows File Explorer, it’s more difficult to find the processor reference (CPU) and the amount of RAM of the computer.
Power users already know the combination of Window Pause keys to access the system properties and thus see the type of processor and installed memory.
Read also : Which controller for FIFA 19 Switch?
This tutorial shows how, in a few clicks, find the CPU reference and see how much RAM is installed in a Windows 10 computer .
This procedure works only on Windows 10 because the previous versions did not offer this way of accessing information. All editions of Windows 10 are compatible with this guide: Home, Pro, Business, Education, both 32-bit and 64-bit. Of course, it works for laptops and desktop stationary PCs. Tablets with Windows 10 can also display these technical references.
See also : How do I use a chatbot?
Find the processor (CPU) and RAM reference of a Windows 10 computer
1. Open the Start menu and click on the gear wheel to access the PC Settings .
2. Click on the “System ” icon:
3. In the left menu, choose “System Information ”:
4. The technical information of the computer is indicated:
- PC Name: the name of the computer displayed on a network
- Organization: Name of the workgroup network (formerly Workgroup)
- Edition: version of Windows 10 (Home, Business, Business, Education)
- Version: 1511, 1607, 1703 depending on installed update
- Processor: Accurate computer processor reference
- Installed RAM: Amount of RAM
So, with this information, you know the power of your processor, that is, the engine of the computer, indicated in GHz (gigahertz). The amount of RAM installed in the computer is a sufficient indicator, it is not necessary to look for its exact reference unless you really want to know the technical details.